Protect Your Skin
from Summer Ravages
Summer’s exposed skin means more exposure to the harmful rays of the sun, mosquito bites, bee stings, ticks, scratches and bruises, and incessant itching from poison ivy and other plant irritants.
Allergies & Irritants
At Medicine World, we have the products you need to deal with everything summer can throw at you - from the sun in the sky to the bugs on the ground - before or after exposure. We also know that some of what summer brings can be life-threatening, including allergic reactions to bee stings, and the Lyme disease and West Nile virus that can be borne by ticks. If summer is out to get you, we’re ready to help.
- Derma-E Sunscreens – these eco-friendly sunscreens provide excellent protection from harmful UV rays; are hypo-allergenic, fragrance-free and reef safe; and come in several configurations, including a lightweight one for babies
- BugZilla - start your outside day with this locally-made soap that leaves scents of citronella, peppermint and cedarwood on your skin that you’ll love, because bugs hate it
- Poison Ivy & Oak Mix – helps lessen sensitivity to poison ivy and poison oak before you are exposed
- Badger Sunscreens - for natural protection from the sun, in a variety of SPFs and activity formulations
- Badger Anti-Bug Balm – it smells good, feels good and really works, without DEET, petrolatum or other chemicals
- Aubrey Natural Sun - organic sun protection made from natural ingredients - the kind cruise lines and public pool operators recommend
- Aubrey Kids – a broad-spectrum, water-resistant formula made especially for kids
- Sunburn Gel - a Medicine World formulation that our customers think provides even better relief than the mass-marketed products we also offer
- Biting Insect Mix - another Medicine World formulation, this one to help with hyper-sensitivity to insect bites by reducing pain and encouraging you body’s natural defenses
- Poison Ivy Dermatosis - provides homeopathic aid for relief of poison ivy exposure
- Citronella Oil - a natural way to repel mosquitoes, fleas, ticks and black flies
- Hyland’s Poison Ivy/Oak Tablets - natural relief for itching, burning and crusting skin
- Puremedy Poison Oak & Ivey Relief - another natural formulation for the relief of itchy and irritated skin
- Calamine Lotion - the old standby for skin irritation caused by poison ivy, and we have off-the-shelf products for scrapes and sunburn, too,
- We also have the prescription medications your doctor may recommend to deal with allergic reactions to insect bites and stings; and the Lyme disease and other nasty stuff that can be carried by ticks.
Sure, we have plenty of brand-name and over-the-counter products that provide relief for what ails you. But we also have natural products that do the same things!
- Clean Clear Nails, a blend of essential oils and herbs to kill toenail fungus.
- Progesterone cream, a natural product we make for the relief of menopausal symptoms.
- Our natural DHEA cream, to improve sex drive, muscle health, and fight the effects of aging.
- Wart Away, a natural essential oil that we make for reducing and eliminating warts.
- H Oil, our natural oil for headache relief.
- Our near-natural Lip Balm, for relief of chapped and irritated lips.
We offer a variety of ways to deal with post-menopause symptoms and enhance your hormone health.
- DHEA Emollient - this cream is PABA-free and can help restore hormonal imbalance.
- Progesterone Cream - this cream helps with night sweats, menopausal distress and other symptoms.
- Comfort Ointment, for the relief of vaginal dryness brought on by menopause.
- Profen Pain Relief - this is an odorless cream that provides relief from sore, achy muscles and joints in 30 minutes or less.
Aches and pains can wreak havoc. We carry medications for instant relief and we can also help you avoid chronic pains going forward.
- Choosing pain medication is unique for everyone, please consult with your physician if you have persistent pain needs.
- Aspirin, ibuprofen and acetaminophen are available for fevers and inflammation.
Acne, wrinkles and skin conditions are often noticeable and can make us self-conscious. Thankfully, we have some solutions.
- For itchy, dry skin, try Colloidal Oatmeal Lotion and Castor Oil Soap.
- Carmina can teach you how to make a great scrub for exfoliation.
When that uncomfortable feeling comes on, what will you have on-hand to combat the symptoms and get your body feeling right?
- Combination Aloe Liquid, Enzymes, and Probiotics
Our pets don’t speak to tell us exactly what’s wrong, but with a proper diagnosis you can give your little friend a way to heal.
- Halo Dream Coat to cure dry, flaking skin and a dull coat.
- Pet Probiotics for issues with diarrhea.
- Drug Compounding is also available for pet medications, the most common request being to add a flavor to disguise medicinal tastes, so your pet will more-readily take meds.
We carry a wide variety of medications for all sorts of ailments, illnesses and issues. Please visit the store or give us a call if you’d like to know more about the medications we can supply you.